Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hurray--Bike to Work Month

My neck is getting better and the sun is shining--both just in time for Bike To Work Month. I am passionate about BTW events; without them I would have never tried to commute by bike.

Today I was short on time, and rather than my usual, lovely, Centennial Trail route, I biked home up Napa, across Sprague, and straight up SE Blvd. I spend a good part of the ride with trucks in front, beside, and behind me, and ended up with road grit in my nose and dirt on my face. I rode past loose pit bulls, boarded up businesses, and an interesting looking business deal, and I loved every minute of it. Biking to work is challenging, fun, and healthy.

Bike to Work Month is happening now. Register at www.spokanebikes.org and send me a note if you want advice on how you can join me in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment