Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preaching to the Choir

Yesterday I helped put on an Alternative Transportation Fair at Spokane Community College. A colleague and I were scheduled to speak at two sessions on bike commuting. The first session had about ten attendees; the second had one. However, I didn't mind at all. From the start of our planning, I said that at least our co-workers would see our names and if they had questions someday about biking, they would know who to call. In the meantime, I learned a few things and was video taped, so I got to wear a microphone and feel like a celeb.

So instead of worrying about those who weren't there, I happily chatted with the cool folks who brought booths (Two-Wheel Transit, Bicycle Hub, and Pedals to People, to name a few) and decided sometimes preaching to the choir is a great way to spend my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment